Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Why I eat fish

1. I am an omnivore, and I fit into a food chain.
2. I work full time, and I don't want to spend my weekend time seeking out the good livestock farmers who treat their animals humanely.
3. I like fishing, and I have killed fish to eat them. (Yes, of course, I've also caught and released fish.)

One day, when I am retired, I may revisit this. I will have more time to meet farmers and also to see firsthand what deepsea fishing is all about. I'm sure it is a world away from fresh water stream fishing.

But, this is where my eating choice comes from.

Let me also say that the fish I am eating is environmentally sustainable. I have found a fishmonger (Monterey Fish Market) who follows these practices--indeed the owner wrote the book on it: Fish Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner